End of Year Updates 2022
Last Updated: November 14, 2022
Thank you for supporting iconografi for another wonderful year!
We've continued to develop our brand and expand our offerings in this first full year of being able to vend in-person! Into the next year as we continue to respond and adapt to global inflation, we aim to maintain a more sustainable business model while still offering our high quality of items and service. We have evaluated our operations thus far, and intend to implement some shop updates in preparation for 2023 and beyond.
There's a lot of information we'd like to share with you, so for your convenience we've summarized the main points below. For more information on each of these points, please visit each section of this post numbered accordingly.
- Cyber Week Sale 2022 will be November 23rd - 30th
- Shipping Deadline for 2022 is December 7th, 11:59pm EST
- Online Shop Shipping Hiatus from Dec. 8 - Jan. 9 (shop will still be open!)
- Price Adjustments for Some Items
- Free Shipping Threshold increase from $50 to $75 on Dec. 8th
- Updates to our Custom Order Policy on Dec. 8th
- A More Searchable Site
Thanks, and have a great Holiday Season and New Year! ✨
1. Cyber Week Sale 2022 will be November 23rd - 30th
Our annual Cyber Week Sale will take place from Wednesday, November 23rd through Wednesday, November 30th! Enjoy some of the deepest discounts of the year on over 60 items, including some of our best sellers in every category from jewelry, to e.y.e.wear, to itabags and more!
Sale begins at midnight EST on the morning of November 23rd, and will end on 11:59pm EST on the evening of November 30th.
2. Shipping Deadline for 2022 is December 7th, 11:59pm EST
Please keep in mind that national and international shipping delays are out of our control. If you have any additional questions, please review our shipping policy. For more information about this shipping deadline, please read more about our annual winter holiday shop break in the next section.
3. Online Shop Shipping Hiatus from Dec. 8, 2022 - Jan. 9, 2023
(shop will still be open!)
Our annual winter holiday shop break will be from December 8, 2022 - January 9, 2023. The shop will remain open. Orders placed during this period will ship during the week of January 10th, 2022. We will be responsive to messages in the order they are received, and may be somewhat active on social media during this period to the best of our ability, but please be patient!
**If you would like for your order to be shipped this year, it MUST be placed prior to December 7th, 2022 at 11:59pm EST.**
We're looking forward to taking a much needed break, and preparing for some exciting new things to come!
4. Price Adjustments for Some Items
We have decided to implement some price increases to better reflect and be able to maintain the quality of our items, as well as some markdowns in order to clear out excess inventory and make room for new designs we have in mind for the future!
After careful consideration, we have decided to increase the prices of the following items on December 8th:
- All Collar Pins currently priced at $22 will increase to $25
- All Stud Earrings currently at $15 will increase to $17
(excludes new items released on November 15th)
- Hashira Earrings (all designs) will increase from $28 to $30
- Menacing Earrings will increase from $20 to $22
- Two Tone Triangle Earrings will increase from $16 to $18
These price increases will go into effect on December 7th, 11:59pm EST.
In addition, the following items have been marked down and/or added to our clearance section, effective immediately:
- Black Triangle Earrings (Acrylic), decreased from $12 to $10
- Katakana Long Sleeve T-shirt, decreased from $34 to $28
- Ginkgo Leaf socks, decreased from $8 per pair to $7 per pair, and from $20 per 3-pack to $18 per 3-pack
- Hand in Heart Earrings, decreased from $26 to $23
- Hand in Heart Necklace, decreased from $22 to $18
- Luminous Earrings, decreased from $36 to $30
- Luminous Necklace, decreased from $28 to $22
- Neon Skyline Hoodie, decreased from $56 to $50
- Neon Skyline T-shirt, decreased from $26 to $20
5. Free Shipping Threshold increase from $50 to $75 on Dec. 8th
For the same reasons outlined in section 4, we are updating our free shipping threshold for domestic orders. From Dec. 8th, 2022 onwards, orders shipping within the United States of America totaling $75 or more qualify for free Standard Shipping.
Our Shipping Policy page will be updated to reflect this change.
We will not update our International shipping policy at this time, so international orders totaling $100 or more will still qualify for a discount on Standard International Shipping, paying $8 towards the postage, while we will cover the rest of the shipping cost.
6. Updates to our Custom Order Policy Starting December 8th
In our second year of having an established Custom Order system, we've had opportunities to collaborate with clients on a wide variety of projects! Our Custom Design Gallery will be updated to display more of these projects, which beyond earrings and necklaces, has now included other accessories such as collar pins, hair accessories, an itabag, and e.y.e.wear! We will update our Custom Order terms to reflect these now expanded custom order possibilities.
We have also made the decision to clarify and implement some additional terms:
- Our hourly design fee will increase from $15/hr to $25/hr, as we have gained more experience and understanding of the work and time that goes into developing a customized design.
- Custom orders are to be paid in full upfront, OR according to a payment plan of 50% upfront, 50% upon completion of the order prior to shipment. Extensions may be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
- If in the process of communication regarding a custom order we do not hear back from a client in 30 days following our last communication, the order is forfeited without refund. If an order payment is not paid within 30 days following invoice, without an agreed upon request for an extension, the custom order is cancelled and if partially paid, the order is forfeited without refund.
Our terms on our Custom Order information page will also be updated by December 8th to reflect these updates, which will go into effect then.
7. A More Searchable Site
With our current website theme, we found that items are only searchable based on terms included in the title and product description section of each product page. This being the case, we have decided to implement a tagging system, where we will include a section of both more general and descriptive tags at the end of each product description. These will be words and phrases that one may type into our search bar at the top right of our website, in order to more easily discover the items they're looking for!
We cannot use specific names and titles that we do not have a right to, but we will do our best to describe each item with more searchable terms. This will take some time to accomplish, but we intend to complete this before our shop hiatus begins on December 8th.
We have piloted this system thus far on a few listings (our Alchemic Earrings, for example), and you will begin to notice these tags appearing on all of our product pages very soon as we work our way through each individual product from A-Z!